BNF for Children 2016-2017By: British Medical Association, the Royal Pharmaceutical Society, the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the Neonatal and Paediatric Pharmacists Group
Details: Paperback.List Price (RRP): £49.95 (No VAT Payable)Save £8.07 with our 16.2% online discountOur Online Price: £41.88
Publication date: 21/09/2016
Publisher: Pharmacy Press
Publication Status: Out of Print
The essential resource on the selection and use of medicines wherever children are treated.
Prescribers in the NHS; pharmacists, dentists, nurses, health visitors
and other healthcare professionals and students working with children.
BNF for Children (BNFC) provides essential practical information to all healthcare professionals involved in the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children. The resource
addresses a significant knowledge gap in many areas of paediatric practice by providing practical information on the use of medicines in children of all ages from birth to adolescence, including:
* Guidance on the drug management of conditions affecting children
* Practical advice on topics such as prescription writing and reporting adverse drug reactions
* Hands-on information on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and administering medicines for childhood disorders
* Comprehensive dosing guidance for children from birth up to 18 years
* Details (including indicative prices) of products on the market as well as reference to many essential products that are not licensed
* Indication of the licensing status of drugs
Recommendations in BNF for Children have been constructed on the basis of authoritative sources, emerging evidence and best practice guidelines. The content has been carefully validated by a network
of paediatric experts and the process is overseen by a Paediatric Formulary Committee
* Resource aimed specifically for use in paediatric medicine; designed to be used in specialist paediatric and general practice settings
* Shares the familiar structure of the BNF
* Includes information on unlicensed use of medicines
* Covers the drug treatment of rare childhood conditions, provides guidance on specialist paediatric interventions and includes details of those medicines that are used in children in a different way to adults
* As a point-of-care tool it is important that it provides practitioners with the most up-to-date information and therefore the latest edition is essential.