British National Formulary (BNF 73)By: British Medical Association and the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
NOW IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY
Details: Paperback.List Price (RRP): £55.00Save £13.01 with our 23.7% online discountOur Online Price: £41.99
(All prices are shown excluding VAT, if applicable.)
Publication date: 28/03/2016
Publisher: Pharmacy Press
Publication Status: Active
Compiled with the advice of clinical experts and continually updated to reflect the latest evidence from credible sources worldwide, the new edition of the British National Formulary 73 (BNF) provides up-to-date guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as it reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.
New content updates in the BNF 73 include:
- Updated guidance for conditions including anal fissure, coeliac disease, dementia, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, food allergy, multiple sclerosis and short bowel syndrome. New prescribing guidance for biological and biosimilar medicines.
- New safety information about fire risk with paraffin-based skin emollients on dressings and clothing and advice on minimising the risk of infections when being treated.
Improvements in the new edition:
- Updated guidance on starting routine for oral progestogen-only contraceptives and the use of sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitors as monotherapy for treating type 2 diabetes.
Since the launch of the new format BNF we have actively sought your comments and feedback, and as a result have made the following improvements to this edition:
- Important safety information is displayed prominently within the monograph
- Class monographs (e.g. ACE inhibitors) are easy to navigate to from the individual monographs.
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.Contents:
Content of the BNF reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines. The resource includes:
- Guidance on the drug management of common conditions
- Details of medicines prescribed within the UK with special reference to their uses, cautions, contra-indications, side-effects, doses and relative costs. This allows treatment to be tailored to the individual needs of each patient.
- Guidance on prescribing, monitoring, dispensing and adminstering medicines.
The content is updated every 6 months in print, making it an up-to-date source of prescribing advice for informed decision-making.